Life can take a turn at the most unexpected times. In fact, through the carelessness of others, your life can change in a second. As the result of a car accident, a fall at work, or a faulty piece of machinery a work. If you find yourself in the need of a personal injury attorney it is important that you find someone who has experience in your particular situation. For instance, workers compensation lawyers are especially skilled in helping workers find a way to recover from their situations, while other kinds of personal injury attorneys have more experience in automobile accidents.
Too often, it is easy to fall into the role of being a victim, and just because your have been a victim of an accident, does not mean that you need to be a victim for the rest of your life. The fact that you may be able to find someone who can help you determine your future needs that you may have can help you move from being a victim to being a survivor.
From social security attorneys who may be able to help you get the benefits that you deserve, to finding a legal representative who can help you predict the future medical and rehabilitation needs that you may have, experienced attorneys may provide the assistance that you need.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times that personal injury attorneys are involved in:
- Auto accidents are the cause of many personal injury cases. Did you know, for instance, that although a mere five seconds is the average time your eyes are off the road while texting, if you are traveling at 55miles an hour, that is enough time to cover the length of a football field.
- 6 million car collisions occur in the U.S. a year. This means that on average, one accident occurs every 10 seconds.
- 74% of the states in the country require every business to have workers’ compensation coverage.
- $239 billion is the annual cost of civil lawsuits to the U.S. economy.
- 3,154 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in the year 2013.
- 424,000 people were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in the year 2013.
If your life takes an unexpected turn, it is sometimes important to make sure that you get the help that you need, even the legal help that you may need.