Meeting with an Injury Attorney for the First Time? Don’t Forget to Ask These Three Questions

Prison abuse attorney

Most people are familiar with personal injury attorneys who cover cases following incidents such as car accidents or medical malpractice suits. However, there are other events that may require the assistance of an injury attorney — some of which may surprise you. For instance, police misconduct is an issue that many people face today, and some of these encounters can have serious consequences. Some people even face injuries at the hands of law enforcement officers who are supposed to be protecting them.

If you have had an incident involving police misconduct or brutality, prison abuse, or other issues surrounding infringement on your legal rights, you may need to speak with an attorney to get everything sorted out. In the event of an injury, here are three questions you should be sure to ask your attorney:

Did I face an incident of police misconduct?

Police misconduct is a broad category that encompasses everything from verbal abuse and intimidation to excessive use of physical force or weaponry. There typically isn’t a “one size fits all” definition of these issues. It is best to discuss exactly what happened with legal experts so they can decide whether you have a case worth fighting.

What evidence do I need to gather?

Because you’ll need to meet with an attorney for a consultation, it is important that you write down everything that happened so you can remember all of the details. In addition to recounting what has happened, you should also make sure to document any physical evidence you might have. This could mean taking photographs of wounds sustained at the hands of officers and seeing a physician to have the incident on your medical records. Some people also take photographs and videos at a scene, so you may be able to find witnesses with evidence of such an incident.

What types of rewards could I see for this case?

More than anything, most victims of police misconduct want to see justice served. Whether that includes the payment of medical expenses or corrective action by a police department depends entirely on the case. Ultimately, this depends on many factors, so you will need to discuss the matter with an attorney.

Have more questions? Make sure to consult with a police brutality lawyer or injury attorney to find out what you need to do. These cases may be more common than you would think, so you don’t have to feel that you are alone in this situation. If you have any general questions about these legal issues, leave a comment below.

michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale michael kors tasche sale